Tuesday 12 November 2013

First baseboard in position in the Railway room

Here is the first baseboard in position in the Railway room;


The legs are 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" softwood, simply slotted into sockets made of the 3" x 1" timber in each external corner of the baseboard, as below;


At the moment this arrangement is a little "wobbly" but I will wait until all four baseboards are in place and connected together to see if they need bracing (probably) or fixing into the sockets more solidly (hopefully not).

The baseboard is not finished, the top overhanges the frame slightly, this will be trimmed later. Also there are no cross braces or backscene boards yet.

I want to get all four baseboards in place and fixed together so that I can draw out the final track plan full size. I will then know where the point motors need to go and I can avoid a clash with the cross braces.

So, now need to crack on and build the other three baseboards and get them in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment